Fashion Inspiration

Friday, February 24, 2012

Modern Decadent








The inspiration for this post was Gucci's fall/winter RTW 2012. When i read the review on Style.com, i was almost sure that Frida Giannini somehow got into my head and used my thoughts to create her fall runway looks. She is talking about decadence romance, the colors are dark, the fabrics - a lot of velvet and jacquard. I have to say, i'm loving every piece! Back in college i used to read a lot of poets of the late nineteenth century - the period of time when symbolism and decadence where "the main stream", and every time i dreamed about me being one of these pale skinned depressed women wearing their velvet gowns and miniature peacock feathers in their hair. I was buying a lot of vintage velvet and brocade and burgundy shade lipstick, but it never happened in the reality that i would actually wear all of it. I guess you have to have some confidence to pull off all that "drama". But i'm happy i'll be finally bringing my black velvets into life. Well, at least i will try that time. I'm ready for my dramatic fall 2012!

Wearing: Dress - Free People, Bracelet - vintage, Fur purse - H&M, Shoes - Bandolino, Clutch on the floor - YSL, Hair flower - H&M.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...