Fashion Inspiration

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Fashion Reading




I bought Daniel Vosovic's "Fashion Inside Out" book yesterday. I know it was published in 2008, but it's better late than never. Plus, i have to be honest, in 2008 i was just discovering the US and American fashion in general, and started seeing it the way i never thought it could be. With classic "British" English i understood just half of what was said to me, and obviously was frightened to even open my mouth to speak, because no one used to get my accent. And of course, i never used to watch Project Runway until i accidentally spotted it on TV two seasons ago (you can laugh, but it is true). With that said there was no Daniel Vosovic for me on season two of the show. I have to say there was very little of everything for me here, on a "dream land", at that time.
But i'm glad i'm learning a lot now. I just started reading, and i find the book incredibly moving and professional at the same time. Especially for me, a person who can define features of American, European, or Asian fashion. Also as journalist by education i can tell that the way the book is written (collage of interviews, personal designer experiences, and "step-by-step" instruction how to succeed in modern fashion industry) is an interesting yet experimental take that turned out great. Thoughtful, stylish, sophisticated and open minded with a foreword by Tim Gunn the book definitely deserves some attention. As well as Vosovic's design work. How great his fall collection is! Printed fabrics (Christopher Kane inspired??), structural silhouettes, and almost Alexander Wang's chic sportiness make Daniel Vosoic one of my new favorite designers. 


   




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...